Welcome to our journey

My wish is that as you read this blog you can laugh, cry, smile, and enjoy all the stories that I share with you. I am on a journey and I am happy to have you join me.

My name is Rachel, mom to Blaise who is almost 3 (diagnosed with PWS), Maddock 6 months old, and wife to Jona. I have been blessed to be a stay at home mom to my wonderful boys. In September of 2009 my sweet Blaise was diagnosed with PWS. This has forever changed the course of my life. I have spent many years wondering what my purpose in life was, and when it would be revealed to me. I no longer wonder, my purpose is in front of me everyday. I am no part of a club that I didn't choose to join, but wouldn't trade for the world. Along my journey thus far I have met some of the most amazing people. I have come to realize not only has god put special needs individuals on this earth for a reason, but he also put their family members here as well. My two boys teach me so much everyday, I have become the woman I always desired to be. Each day my boys teach me kindness, patience, love, and how to have endless amounts of joy and laughter. Through my journey as their mom I have become a strong and determined woman. My journey has just begun and I am filled with wonder about what the future holds for us.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

An Amazing Week

Well all I can say is that is has been an absolutely amazing week. Blaise started his GH therapy this week, and he is already a changed man. The amazing accomplishments he has had over the last 7 days is awe inspiring. He is such an inspiration to me everyday. As I am watching him grow into such an amazing young man. It feels like just yesterday that he was diagnosed and yet I have accomplished so much in the last 8 weeks. Maddock is always right there with Blaise pushing himself further each day, he wants to be a big boy like Blaise. I am so grateful this week for all the amazing people in my life. I am eternally grateful for all the angels in the PWS community who help to give me strength. As I lay my head down tonight I pray that the researches meeting in Maryland this week have promising news for the future. I pray that there is something big on the horizon for our angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment